We are looking for:
The Pharmaron Cramlington Team is looking to expand and recruit multiple Lead Pipe Fitting Technicians to support the Cramlington site’s production and projects on fabrication and installation of piping systems, carry out maintenance and inspection of existing systems. This role is a day shift role.
At Pharmaron we offer:
- Vibrant and dynamic employment – we are a highly specialised, growth company operating in a critical sector of the economy – our future is strong and exciting!
- Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself – our rapid growth brings greater opportunities for you to learn and grow faster!
- A great team where we all support each other – enjoy your work – after all you spend about a third of your time here!
- Pipefitting and Welding Apprenticeship NVQ 3 or equivalent.
- Time served as a pipe fabricator and/or welder.
- Experience working with valves and pipework, PTFE lined, steel, glass pipe work and connections
- Ability to produce ISO drawings for fabrication
- Knowledge of various welding and fabrication methods as well as pipe and material inspection techniques.
- Knowledgeable about the specification of pipe and valves to API/ASME/British standards
- Familiar with risk/manual handling and COSHH assessments.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- To be the first point of contact for engineering piping and fabrication, including providing advice and guidance on piping installations to project and maintenance teams.
- Advise on site bolting and piping standard.
- Complete planned preventative maintenance work, statutory inspections, breakdown/reactive work within a hazardous area environment.
- Carry out scheduled inspection, testing, and maintenance of all piping systems on site.
- Maintain the efficiency of all processes by minimising downtime due to breakdowns, initiate and implement remedial action where required.
- Ensure all documentation is completed as per cGMP standards.
- Participate in a continuous improvement environment in all areas of the process team operations. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in all engineering aspects.
- Provide a comprehensive handover between shifts both verbally, electronically.
- Supervise and work with specialist contractors where necessary.
- Install and commission new mechanical systems in conjunction with the assigned Project Engineer.
- Ensure that accidents, incidents and near misses are reported accurately.
“We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, with an enviable reputation for leading edge science, offering contract research services to some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, solving what were believed to be unsolvable scientific challenges”.
We believe in our ability to relentlessly push forward the boundaries of scientific excellence, delivering solutions for our clients, always operating ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our professionalism and commitment to always deliver our very best work.
Our Cramlington just north of Newcastle, has an established history of cGMP
manufacturing services for an array of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), ranging from
pilot scale to commercial metric ton scale. The Cramlington Site has more than 100 cubic meters
reactor commercial capacity and has been inspected and approved by the MHRA, FDA and
other regulatory authorities. The site operates from small scale in the laboratory through to large manufacturing scale. It also offers chemistry and analytical development service.
- We offer a competitive salary and a progressive and comprehensive suite of employee benefits.
- We offer state of the art working environment on site.
- We offer the opportunity for growth and development and will support funding for relevant training and development programmes.
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an opportunity for you as a Lead Pipe Fitting Technician to make a real impact in a highly scientific and regulated environment, demonstrate leadership, ambition and the desire to grow with the department.
- Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards.
- To be part of a team who support each other, embrace and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do.
Pharmaron is a premier R&D service company supporting the life sciences industry. Founded in 2004, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities having established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal, and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 19,000 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan, and China.