We are looking for:
At Pharmaron we offer:
- Vibrant and dynamic employment – we are a highly specialised, growth company operating in a critical sector of the economy – our future is strong and exciting!
- Opportunities to develop your skills and yourself – our rapid growth brings greater opportunities for you to learn and grow faster!
- A great team where we all support each other – enjoy your work – after all you spend about a third of your time here!
- M.Sc or Ph.D with a focus on synthetic organic chemistry, combined with extensive experience of process chemistry gained in big pharma or leading CROs.
- A track record of scientific and professional accomplishment, supported by publication in high-impact journals, patents, and conference presentations, along with up-to-date knowledge of current developments in the field.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise experienced colleagues and bring out the best of their abilities.
- Strong project leadership, organization and presentation skills, ability to delegate where appropriate, capable of influencing and negotiating across multiple stakeholders internally and externally.
- Expert application of retrosynthetic analysis and selected higher end laboratory techniques and instrumentation to impact API drug development.
- Evidence of ability to effectively contribute to multi-disciplinary scientific teams.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Contribute unique and innovative solutions to the most complex process development problems.
- Manage the work of your direct reports (typically 5 – 10 people at various levels), and contribute to their professional and scientific growth.
- Oversee multiple client projects simultaneously, providing reputable advice and guidance while ensuring all deliverables are met to schedule.
- Work closely with other departments in Hoddesdon and Pharmaron teams in China, sharing best practice and working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Contribute to the continued advancement of the department by identifying areas for business or scientific growth and passing your knowledge and experience on to less-experienced colleagues.
- In a multidisciplinary environment, design, plan and optimize experimental programs which solve problems of higher complexity for assigned projects and / or initiatives with limited guidance from a scientific supervisor / Line Manager.
- Keep current on new technologies related to the job function in order to perform original research which impacts internal projects, initiatives, or contributes to the internal / external scientific community within their discipline(s).
- Document and report results of all experiments in a manner consistent with department practices and governing policies, as applicable, which may include significant contributions to manufacture of API for GLP toxicology studies or for GMP manufacture of clinical supplies.
- Serve as a scientific mentor to associate staff and a strong scientific colleague to peers.
Our Company: “We are a dynamic, fast-growing company, with an enviable reputation for leading edge science, offering contract research services to some of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, solving what were believed to be unsolvable scientific challenges”.
We believe in our ability to relentlessly push forward the boundaries of scientific excellence, delivering solutions for our clients, always operating ethically and with integrity. We take pride in our professionalism and commitment to always deliver our very best work.
Pharmaron acquired the Hoddesdon campus, consisting of several purpose built scientific and administrative buildings together with a purpose built conference area in February 2017. The research building has more than 5,000m2 of premier R&D space and houses an established Process Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry and Drug Discovery teams. In addition, a Formulation Development team was also recently established. The Hoddesdon site has state-of-the-art Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standard facilities for the development of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), Formulation Development (FD) and Process Chemistry (PC).
- We offer a competitive salary and a progressive and comprehensive suite of employee benefits.
- We offer state of the art working environment on site.
- We offer the opportunity for growth and development and will support funding for relevant training and development programmes.
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an opportunity for you as a Principal Scientist professional to make a real impact in a highly scientific and regulated environment, demonstrate leadership, ambition and the desire to grow with the department.
- Build and shape your career in an environment that sets and commits to the highest standards.
- To be part of a team who support each other, embrace and solve technical challenges and put excellence at the heart of all that we do.
Pharmaron is a premier R&D service company supporting the life sciences industry. Founded in 2004, Pharmaron has invested in its people and facilities having established diverse drug R&D service capabilities, ranging from synthetic, medicinal, and analytical chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, drug safety assessment, radiochemistry and isotopically labelled metabolism, chemical & pharmaceutical development to clinical development. With operations in China, US and UK staffed by over 19,000 employees, Pharmaron has an excellent track record in the delivery of R&D solutions to its partners in North America, Europe, Japan, and China.